The person in charge of Science at Grange Primary Academy is Mr Latimer
At Grange Primary Academyl, we believe that a high-quality science education provides the foundation for understanding the world through the specific disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Science has changed our world on a personal, national and global level and as such, we strive to develop the children’s understanding of scientific ideas by providing opportunities for the children to explore the world around them. We aim to stimulate a child’s curiosity through building up a body of key foundational knowledge and concepts, and encourage them to recognise the power of rational explanation. Our teachers encourage children to understand how science can be used to explain what is occurring; develop methods of enquiry and carry out purposeful investigations.
We aim to achieve this by enabling the children to:
• Ask and answer scientific questions
• Plan and carry out scientific investigations using equipment, including ICT, correctly
• Know and understand the life processes of living things
• Know and understand the physical processes of materials, electricity, light, sound and natural forces
• Know about the nature of the solar system, including the earth
• Evaluate evidence and present their conclusions clearly and accurately
Our Science Curriculum
Our Science Curriculum is supported by the United Learning Curriculum.
Our Science Expectations:
Science National Curriculum:
We pride ourselves on our committment to the teaching and learning of Science in our school. As well as strong curriculum content we also actively celebrate British Science Week, STEM Week and World Space Week to enrich and deepen the scientific understanding of what our children are learning.
We are proud to announce that we have been successful in being awarded the Primary Science Quality Mark to recognise our work and achievements throughout the school in this area.